Monday, August 22, 2005

READY TO GO OUT AND ENJOY THE NIGHT!!!
On our way back from the beach, we stopped at this boutique and Annette bought this outfit. I recommended the necklace and afterwards, was mad at myself for not buying it for me. Its just that gorgeous.
We arrived to the hotel where the Salsa Congress was to be held at. We couldn't find it at first but later asked around like morons. We walked around the lobby before walking in. The place was packed. Everyone was dressed to impress or so barely dressed that it caused an impression.One of those barely dressed examples!!!
We snapped some pictures of each other at the hotel lobby.



I asked a lady to take this picture of Annette and I by the stairs and she looked at me like I'd offended her. Later, I realized she didn't understand english which makes me realize that there are still people livingin the United States without knowing the native language. How pathetic!!!

Like I said, the place was packed...
Salsa is such an important thing to these people. They dance beautifully. According to a website on the roots of Salsa, the popular usage of the word “salsa” for danceable Latin music began in 1933 when Cuban song composer Ignacio Piñerio wrote the song Échale Salsita. He got the idea after tasting food which lacked the Cuban spices. It was a protest against tasteless food.

My father always said that Vanessa Williams was his girlfriend (His mamboya). Too bad he missed a chance to realize his dream now that she's divorced...
Joel was there. He is Annette's salsa instructor. I had the pleasure of dancing with him. She is an incredible dancer...
He was very gentle with me!!!
He spun me around like a yoyo right at the end!


We took the picture above and the picture below beside Vanessa Williams' table. He'd said he was gonna ask her to dance and I followed him because I wanted to get a photo of it. He chickened out because he saw her saying NO to another guy that asked her to dance... He was afraid she'd hurt that puertorrican ego...

We were having a good time by now!!!
Pictures of me dancing, check
Pictures of Vanessa Williams, check
Lipstick on, check
Let's continue shall we?

We had to pay $25.00 to get into the Salsa Congress. The drinks were extremely expensive aswell so we decided to improvise...

We sat at the very yuppie looking bar in the huge lobby and we bought some Long Island Iced Teas! Annette was approached by an older gentleman, and by older I mean Harrison Ford kind of old, and said he'd buy us a bottle of champaigne if she asked his friend out to the dancefloor. She shyly smiled and acted like he wasn't there to the surprise of Mr. Ford. He insisted that he did not expect that type of reaction from her. WHAT THE F#%@ did he expect?

Anyways, he later came back and was talking shit about something else at which point we figured it was time to go back into the Salsa Congress!!! One long bathroom break later and we were back in the hoochie mama room!






Alex Vila ladies and gentleman, the greatest dancer to come out of New York. He is Joel's cousin, going back to NY the next day. I guess he'll sleep on the plane!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home